Good morning! Yesterday my family picked up a new non-stick pan from Ikea (the 365+ range) and I was inspired to use it. The pan was to replace a scratched up, stained pan from Walmart that I had bought two years ago. It was so rickety the screws holding the handle always came loose!
Oatmeal is so satisfying. It is a great source of fiber, which will keep you full for a few hours. You can also add some ground Chia seeds, a well known superfood to supercharge your breakfast meal.
- 1-1 3/4 cups Oatmeal (Although not the healthiest, I used 1-minute oatmeal because it’s quick)
- 1 Teaspoon Chia seeds (Supermarkets and specialty health food stores)
- Splash of Almond milk
- Honey or sweetener of choice
- Add water to the pan and add oatmeal according to instructions.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Chia seeds! 🙂 (ch-ch-ch-chia!)
- For additional creaminess (safe for lactose-intolerant peeps like me), pour almond milk and stir in.
- Pour into your favorite bowl and enjoy.
Psst! Chia seeds are my secret ingredient. They congeal the water which makes your oatmeal deliciously chunky, so if you have a problem with watery oatmeal, this should help!
I really should try making oatmeal more often. I’m in the midst of job searching, and it’s hard to keep my spirits up sometimes. Today especially was hard- it was raining all day and afternoon. Taking the time to make myself a bowl of oatmeal was the small act of self-care that I needed.